Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hoo-ah. Funky techno beats.

So, a couple weeks ago, I got to meet Cory Doctorow. I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who he was until a few weeks before I met him, but now I think he's pretty cool. The best part about meeting him is that this comic now makes a whole whack of sense.


Cory is an author of the sci-fi variety, and thus he's right up my alley. He's also really nice. 

I went to the book launch for his newest book, Makers, at the Merril Collection of Science Fiction in Toronto with some classmates for a group project/feature series we're working on. It's all about maker culture, a do-it-yourself re-revolution that we think is going on. If you're extra keen, we have a blog, and here are the finished pieces slated to be released shortly on Rabble.ca and TheTyee.ca.

Anyway, if you check around the blog or in my youtube channel, there is a video I cut together of us talking to Cory. But, in the theme of the project we were working on, I decided that I wanted to make something that wasn't so stiff. We had a lot of extra footage that wasn't getting used for anything, and I'd never made a video that had music before. 

This video is about some of the neat people we met waiting in line to get their book signed by Cory.


Comic via xkcd.com

No comments:

Post a Comment