Friday, January 8, 2010

Boom De Ya-Da, Boom De Ya-Da

So I've written the top of this post about five different times, and I really don't know what to put. I really want to be all thoughtful and introspective, but really theres only one way to describe my first week at Daily Planet ....

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! ehehehehehhehee.


Just to get it out of the way. 
<----- Here is me being a huge fanboy ubernerd. And I wouldn't have it any other way. 

It's been so amazing seeing everyone of my classmates' work over the last week. People are hitting the front page, getting on the air, and making it on TV. 

Speaking of TV. I was on TV! (12:40) One of the other interns (Natalie Clark) and I were supposed to be shoe models for a story about how walking in high-heels puts less stress on your knees than running shoes (weird eh?) when the camera man snapped wide and... there we were!

What's even more fun than being on TV is that some of my WORK got on TV. My job is to, every morning, come up with a long list of stories for the Planet Now section of the show. My boss, one of the show producers, then shortlists it. We take it to the story pitch meeting, where the show producer cuts it down to what will be on the show that day. 

My boss and I then cut video, write scripts, make phone calls to researchers etc, and put together the Planet Now and Weird Planet sections of the show. In only one week I've had the chance to write five stories. Two of which went through unedited. Yes!

I'm very excited to head into next week. I'm supposed to go on a film shoot Friday, I have a meeting with the Executive Producer, and hopefully I'll learn a ton more about making science fun!

I look forward to hearing everyone else's stories, and I hope they're having as much of a blast as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment